Biometric Authentication Terms & Conditions
Using fingerprint scanning known as Touch ID and Face ID
These terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") are applicable to the Users / Customers who wish to use the ‘Touch ID” and “Face ID” for availing the Biometric Authentication Service (“Biometric”) provided thereon by Fino Payments Bank Ltd (“Bank”). Biometric Authentication is a user identity verification process that involves a biological input or the scanning or analysis of some part of the body which includes but not limited to Fingerprint scanning (known as Touch ID) and Face ID.
By accepting and agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that you have successfully registered/ activated the Biometric service and Biometric registered in your device/mobile can be used to access the Bank's mobile banking application services for transactions such as login, account inquiry and serves as an instruction for any other transactions as may be determined by the Bank at its absolute discretion from time to time using the fingerprints/face registered with your mobile device.
In this agreement, “We”, “Us” or “Our” refers to the Fino Payments Bank, “You” or “Your” refers to the individual / entity using the facility of Biometric Services.
1. You acknowledge and agree that in order to use the Fino Payments Bank Biometric service, you must be a valid user of our mobile banking services.
2. Once your mobile device is successfully registered with the Biometric service, your Bank's Application services can be accessed with the fingerprints/face registered in your mobile device. Biometric service will be in addition to the use of mobile banking application using MPIN and Internet Banking using login and password.
3. In registering for the Biometric Touch ID, you expressly consent for the Touch ID to be applied across all of your Bank access by enabling it within the Bank’s Application on your device.
4. You are advised NOT to register any third party(s)'s fingerprints in your mobile device or any third party(s) face with the Application, as by such registration, the third party(s) will be able to access your Bank's Application, to which the Bank shall not be held responsible whatsoever for such access or any losses or damages incurred by you as a result of such access authorized by you.
5. You acknowledge and agree that, Touch ID and Face ID registered and stored on your mobile device is of your own and bank disowns any liability of whatsoever, if third party fingerprints and face ID are registered and stored on your mobile device.
6. You acknowledge and agree that, for the purposes of the Touch ID service, the Application will be accessing the fingerprints/face registered in your mobile device, and you hereby consent to the Bank accessing and using such information for the provision of the Biometric authentication service.
7. You acknowledge and agree that, Biometric service is provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not warrant that the Biometric Service will be available at all times, or that it will be compatible with any electronic equipment, software, system or services that we may offer from time to time.
8. You acknowledge and agree that, Bank is not liable for any losses, damages or expenses of any kind incurred or suffered by you arising from or in connection with your use of or inability to use the Biometric Service.
9. Under no circumstances, bank is liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary loss or damages, including loss of profits, loss due to business interruption or loss of any program or data in your mobile device.
10. The Bank reserves the right to add, modify, delete or vary any of these Terms (“Variations”) at any time.
11. You agree to view these Terms regularly and your continued access or use of the Biometric service after any such additions, modifications, deletions or variations become effective will constitute your acceptance to the variation of these Terms